If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

"Platoon 2151, YOU ARE DISMISSED!!"

"DISMISSED, AYE AYE SIR!!!!!"

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, January 20th, 2006 finally arrived and God deemed me lucky enough to graduate on time with Platoon 2151 of Golf Company, 2nd Battalion.

After thirteen long, hard weeks I walked across the parade deck at MCRD San Diego and became a Marine in front of my family, my girlfriend and my best friend, who flew all the way out to surprise me. They were probably the hardest thirteen weeks of my life but I was blessed with your letters and support, which I thank you for. I'm not sure what I would have done had my name not been read off at mail call every time.

As you might imagine the coming installments on the old blog will be stories and accounts that were experienced while in recruit training. Hopefully you find them entertaining, make sure you check back regularly to read up on what boot camp is really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment