If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The rabbits are wild now.

When I was here in November the rabbits were in cages and received food and water every day. Other than perhaps ending up in a stew pot once in awhile, they had no worries. After their cages were destroyed in the earthquake they would huddle together and were easily caught. They now run around, find their own food, and seem to have forgotten their old life.

Yesterday I met two cousins who had lost their entire family. The girls were roughly 12 years old and about two weeks ago their lives changed drastically. In talking with them they were so focused on the present that they seemed to have forgotten their past life. Like the rabbits they have no home and get their own food. My prayer for them is that they don't become wild and start doing on the street what rabbits do best.

Brother Jim Boynton, SJ

"The entire world is in misery, but the rabbits have their freedom.".

Gerard, Jesuit novice

2 comments:

  1. I'll say a prayer and hope they can choose the road that will be less traveled.

    DefendUSA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put them in my prayers. I wish I could give them both a place in my home. Is there any option for them to be placed where they won't be alone and on the street?

    ReplyDelete