If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CALL FOR HELP!

I am working with both teams. I am in the middle of an ice storm and my wife is sick.



Here is what I need ASAP:
They need all team members to look official to avoid hassles. We need someone to donate 100 RED open necked (polo type because of temps) short sleeve shirts OVERNIGHTED to the rally point by noon Friday. If screen work CAN be done in time, let us know. Mark Taylor handled this! beufferd at gmail.com

If any one has connections with T-Mobile (only service that works) We need 4 BlackBerry’s for international service on the T-Mobile net. Purchased, activated, and shipped down to Rally point by noon Friday.

Jake sent this to me this AM. Dad, this is Jake. please send I need some personal items. Xl tshirts, L boxer briefs, socks, and a pair of pants (cargo/military type) 36 waist. I only brought down 2x change of clothes. Could someone pick this up and overnight to the rally point to Jake's attention? Props to Keith_Indy for this one

Since so many people are reading this blog, if you are able to take on one of these please email me at gmail wood.jeff and I will remove it from the list. This is a lot to ask since you have already given so much, we do have funds if needed for this, it just will take a while to get funds to you.

RALLY POINT ADDRESS:
21st Tactical,
6316 Yadkin Road,
Fayetteville, NC

28303

20 comments:

  1. I can send out the personal items, and I'm going to contact someone about the mass of t-shirts.

    BTW the zip code is 28303. It was posted below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just emailed Ranger Up to see about their help with the shirts....asked them to get in touch with Jeff..they were already aware of the Rubicon team in Haiti.....(Have to post anonymously as I can't get my Type Pad thingy to work...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also checking on donations of polos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend with shirt connections. Will see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie...that's good....haven't had a response yet from Ranger Up,though I had suggested they contact Jeff....copied and pasted his whole post in my email to them......

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may want to check with cafepress.com and see if they can assist with the polos and printing. They've done a fantastic job for me in the past for festivals and company related items - plus they could have the qty and color you need immediately.

    Trying to assist where I can.

    Laters,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cafe press doesn't do red polos according to my resident expert

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the shirts, Fruit of the loom, True Red, short sleave t-shirts, all the requested sizes, overnight UPS, for $257. Is t-shirt same style as polo?? www.shirtsupplier.com

    Cyndy (cyndylee at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cyndy, WOW!! Great work! Around my neck of the woods, the polo shirt has the open collar......not a typical t-shirt. But I saw that they had polo shirts on their site.......they may cost more......I didn't do anything more than just go to the website you linked and checked for men's shirts....

    ReplyDelete
  10. The polo shirts at shirtsupplier.com are $601 and 2nd day Air is $121 additional, steep for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Open collar is what our tactical guy said due to heat and humidity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is a thought and this may not be possible, I know. As a former army lab tech, it might help to take photos of the dead for catalogue purposes. I know, the dead cannot be left due the to the implications.
    However, is there a way to connect with someone, somewhere to create a digital morgue so that family members would eventually have some kind of closure?

    Or, if you folks know the patients are expectant, could you not make a note with a name, photo? I just keep thinking of the autopsies our Unit did on the Stark sailors and how hard it would have been had they not known, or 9/11. You guys are doing great work.
    DefendUSA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeff:

    Teeshirts are lighter weight than shirt shirts, so the closed neck should be well offset by that in insulation/heat concern. The lightness of the teeshirt also makes em easier to hand wash.

    Also, with the numbers of AIDS and soon enough, other body fluid contagions they'll be dealing with, cheaper is more disposable.

    You might want to send a ping back at your tactical guy and see if the tees are more in line with need.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was suggesting cafepress.com for the screen printing. Wish I could help out more.

    Laters,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another option:

    http://www.cheapestees.com/
    100 Polo Shirts $494, $99 for shipping

    Some observations: White shirts (both T and polo) appear to be cheaper everywhere than any color. Sometimes, almost 1/2 the cost of a color shirt.

    One solution to the high cost for one single person to pull this off is to use a paypal account, if there were say 6 folks willing to pitch in $100. The group could pick a paypal account, each send the agreed on amount to that account and then one person could buy the shirts.

    I'd be willing to help - let me know. I'll keep this up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please check newest posting via Jeff -- I'll be ordering the shirts at 6:30PM CST.

    Contact me directly at beufferd at gmail.com if you already have purchased shirts.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have an order I am getting ready to place with US Cav to be drop shipped there. This isn't to fill the specific requests but is more general stuff they are going to need if they are there for a while. 5 pr tac pants, 5 red polo shirts, a dozen pair of socks, field surgical kit, some extra scissors, a couple of flashlights, batteries, etc. I imagine everyone there will be sort on stuff to wear after several days/weeks.

    I won't order it if it will be a pain in the ass to hump it down there but if it can be put to use, I will have it drop shipped to the rally point.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Also, shipping requires a phone number. I am going to put mine in there and hope they don't need to call.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Got the items for Jake out this morning. I bet the other team members are going to be pleased once Jake gets a change of clothes. He must be getting pretty ripe by now. ;)

    He can owe me a beer, and maybe some shooting tips if we ever meet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shirts are ordered and being shipped. They will arrive at meet up point by 10:30 a.m. Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete