If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Brother Jim Boynton,SJ

Yesterday was the first time in my life that I had to get rid of a dead body.
Today was the first time in my life I had to get rid of a live one. Fee Fee was discharged from the hospital today; she has no home, family, or friends, appears to be in her 80' s, and is in full torso splint. We all knew that to put her on the street would mean death, and for some reason all the nursing staff decided she was my responsibility. After feeling helpless for a few minutes we loaded her into the back of a tap tap truck, and I had our driver take us on a wild ride that eventually ended at the missionaries of charity's convent. Fee Fee is not on the street tonight.

Brother Jim Boynton,SJ

5 comments:

  1. The nursing staff knew that you would find a solution for Fee Fee and you did. I'm praying for you and the people in Haiti. I'm hoping that you can get some respite as well as the last team leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, the nurses handed Fee Fee off to you. Who better? This is definitely a reflection of team Rubicon just getting the job done!

    Fee Fee couldn't lose being placed into your loving care.

    Janet and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were there for her in her time of need..accompaniment...such a blessing! I am praying for you and all involved Bro. Jim.

    AMDG Mother of Ignatius Alumni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother Jim,
    I will never forget Fee Fee. I felt as though I was kicking my own mother out of the streets to die that day. I still hear her crying. Thank you for being avaible to solve that situation, my heart is heavy for the elderly Haitians who are in similar situations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God was with you that day. I pray all Americans over there will be as thoughtful to the Haitian people as you are.

    ReplyDelete