If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Anyone know a Brigadier or Higher??

From McNulty

Re: If you could get anything you needed/wanted today, What would it be??

There are calculated risks that we accept, but people have gone 9 days with limited food and water. I've seen two food trucks attacked. They are getting desperate and we carry food and water with us.

I want a high level POC at the f*&(^(@ airport who can get me supplies and transpo. Not some rear echelon bitch major who is going to threaten to take my medical supplies and tell me I'm her problem because I'm wearing a uniform. I need one person who can get me transpo for 500k worth external fixeters that are flying in from Chicago via FedEx tomorrow. Dr Ivankov's hospital donated them and I'm tasked with figuring out how to get them to the Jrs and hospital. I really need a go-to person...brigade commander or above.

11 comments:

  1. I truly believe the UN, USAID, etc. do not want this relief effort in any way,shape or form, to succeed! I am disgusted....

    I posted both postings at Blackfive contact...hope he will put them on the blog.

    Also saw that someone posted to Michael Yon's Facebook page with the link and asked for help...

    Tar Heel Native

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone contacted 21st Tactical? They seem to know people. You should start there, and near Ft. Bragg.

    Laters,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad news guys,

    Just got off the phone with a 2 star.. strict orders, no going around the chain of command. All requests must go through proper channels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understand that must be the Army Way.....but they shouldn't have to be dealing with the Army period in this....(except to tell them to keep their hands off private supplies).

    Fed EX is delivering supplies addressed to this specific group.....

    The world is upside down.....

    Tar Heel Native

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad Thor was trying to get 310 pallets of aid down there via Evergreen and has run into the same BS. I wish I knew of another way. Praying for you all and the people of Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grab Anderson Cooper and have him ride in there with you so he can document it and get another cover story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so love Brad Thor and Vince Flynn!!!!

    As much as I hate to give CNN credit, that idea is a good one....

    Wonder if the (I think, ABC) outlet is still there from CA? They did 2 or 3 stories on Rubicon.....

    Tar Heel Native

    ReplyDelete
  8. What about just bailing on the REMFs at PaP International and route everything through the Dominican Republic?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, and DEFINITELY get the media involved to show that the whiney butt "rules" clowns are gumming up the works at PaP International.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If this has not been resolved someone please email me - tankerbabelc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with re-routing through the DR. Might be a bit of a stretch getting transportation for all of it, but getting it in country would be a LOT easier than trying direct into PaP.

    Might even see if the Jesuits could lean on someone higher up their own food chain to develop the transportation from Santiago to PaP.

    ReplyDelete