Here's a quick run down, I'll expand on a lot of them later.
- I finished up my initial 4 weeks of convalescent leave and went back to Pendleton for a check up. Status: still not fused. Result: I asked and received 4 more weeks of convalescent leave. For the first time in my four years I feel like I'm getting the better end of a Marine Corps deal. (of course I'm still on crutches though...)
- I FINALLY have been promoted to Sergeant. Yes, the Marine Corps finally decided that I should wear the rank of the job I have been serving under for the last 3 years. Too little too late? Yeah, I have to admit I'm still a little jaded by the BS that went into it. The whopping $200 raise really pads the pocket book though.
- The Six Man Volleyball Tourney in Manhattan Beach was incredible and everything I was hoping for, except that I had to do it on crutches. I seriously thought I may have had to amputate my foot with how swollen it got.
- I have been working furiously on my graduate school applications. Stanford and USC are done, Northwestern and UCLA are in the works.
- Last night I booked my first big trip, which I'll be taking in November to South America. I'll write up a good post on this one, because it's a pretty intense 3 week jaunt.
That's about it. Well, I guess I should probably add that I've become fat and lazy too, just sitting around on a couch all day.