If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Wedding Gauntlet

Wedding season has officially begun with last weeks little escape and it continue for the next couple of months. My cousin Betsy is getting married this weekend in Atlanta, and the Wood family is swooping in from all across the country to take part in the festivities. I haven't seen a lot of my cousins on this side of the family for a long time, so this is a good chance to get together and do what Woods do best.



After that, Badgerjake crowd favorite Clay Hunt is marrying his longtime girlfriend Robin right here in the South Bay. The Red Carpet for that event is going to be littered with the usual celebrity suspects that normally grace the stories I tell in these posts. I imagine that between the Marines that will be present and the South Bay booze hounds showing up, that the reception is going to turn into chaos. Obviously, as soon as we shut that thing down we'll be spilling outside and hailing cabs to our usual haunts, taking the South Bay by storm in dress blues.

Speaking of Clay's wedding, I'm taking speech submissions under the 'comments' section for the speech I'm going to give at the reception. I expect something good from a few of the guys out there reading this.

5 comments:

  1. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-br5TF5iVadc/best_man_speech/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish the speech with...

    "And remember, the secret to a long and happy marriage is to allow your wife to help you pick your mistresses."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "They say that once in your lifetime someone comes along whom you're absolutely meant to be with. Everything feels great, stars are aligned, body and spirit are in balance. For my friend (your friend's name), that person, was me."

    - Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a brick, use it as a prop. This joke went over so well at my brothers wedding. I said "Dan told me he wasn't nervous this morning, but I found this in the toilet (hold up brick)"

    ReplyDelete