If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Seriously Navy Seals, way to go and steal my pirate hunting thunder...

I'd love to sit here and bash the SEALs and their sniper capabilities, or lack thereof (had to get one in there), but, in all reality, conducting a 3-way coordinated shot, from a bobbing ship, onto a life raft that is probably being tossed around like a toy, is pretty impressive, even if it was within 50 meters. My hat's off to them.

I did find the following funny-
A Defense official said that the three snipers, who had authority from President
Obama
to shoot if they thought Captain Phillips’ life was in danger, fired
when they saw a pirate aiming a rifle at the captain’s back. There was no
command to fire at that given moment, the official said.

There is NO WAY, that all three snipers saw a rifle raised to the captain's back, simultaneously were provided clear shots on the same wave, and then all decided to fire. Don't get me wrong, I don't care, shoot the guys, they're pirates. But let's not pretend that these guys didn't have a standing order to shoot to kill the moment they could all sync their shots on the same wave crest. It's comical how politically correct we've become as a country, when we're worried that someone will think we'll be accused of using 'excessive force' in rescuing a US captain from PIRATES.

Again, con...gratulations...SEALsssss, good...jooooo....b.

That was harder than you think.

2 comments:

  1. Nice head shots Seals! Pirates beware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear more about how you think it went operationally.

    ReplyDelete