- A big fat stimulus check. I'm talking at least of the 5 digit variety. Yo boss, I could stimulate some serious local economy with about $10,000 right now. I'd make it rain.
- A car door handle on the driver side door of my car. It'd be nice to not have to open up the rear door and reach in to let myself in.
- Sergeant's stripes. Enough said. (and no, I have not 'dropped my pack'... come on people, just doing what Marines do best, bitching and moaning)
- I was kind of holding out hope that I would log in to ESPN and find that due to some crazy rules violations, Wisconsin had replaced a team in the Final Four. This one wasn't even close.
- That my barrack's duties for the month of April had disappeared. This one requires some explanation. It's easy to see by the pictures below that I was on leave two weeks ago right? Well, the day before I went on leave the barracks in all its glory forced me to move rooms. So, Tim and I moved into a new room a few floors down, which was already occupied by a Marine who said that'd he was moving out in a few days. So I throw my stuff in wall lockers and take off on leave. Well, this Marine decides to fail 'field day' on Friday. i come back off of leave and notice that I've been placed on duty twice in April, both on Fridays, for failing field day. Wait, but I wasn't even here, how did I fail? Well, gee corporal Wood, sorry, seems there's been a mistake, but that's not our problem. So now I have duty the Friday before Easter and the Friday of my birthday weekend. I haven't celebrated either in the States in 3 years, because I've been off FIGHTING WARS. Sorry, not only was I not here for this phantom field day inspection, but field day is also pretty low on my totem pole of priorities. (breathe in, count to five, breathe out, count to five) Obviously, my name hasn't been removed from the Duty Roster.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
The Top Five things I was hoping to get 'fooled' with today:
at 6:54 PM