If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

WOD

Workout of the Day

5 sets of 5 reps, weighted dips (put a chain around your waist and hang a big iron weight from it)

then...

As Many Rounds As Possible (AMRAP) in 20 minutes of-

Row 250 meters
21 reps, 95 pound deadlift high pull
12 pullups

I got 5.5 rounds, Tim 4.5 and Shawn finished 3.5. This one sucked. Those high pulls got heavy, fast.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jake. Not sure if you remember me, but I was your TA in comparative politics at Wisconsin back in the day. I read your profile in the UW alumni magazine last year, and ever since, I have been following your blog. I'm at the U of Illinois now, which technically makes me an Illini, but I still wear the cardinal and white every time the badgers come to town! Nowadays, I've got 300-400 students per semester, many of whom are ROTC, many who have been to Iraq or Afghanistan; others who may be on their way there very soon. I have been pointing them to your blog for insights into what it must be like on the front lines. I also advertise your blog in my intensive writing course as an example of what good, real-world writing actually looks like.

    Anyway, your life and work is an inspiration to others and to me, as a fellow American, as a fellow Iowan, and as a fellow Bettendorf...er?

    Stay safe.

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark-

    Of course I remember, if I recall it was comparative politics my second semester, freshman year. I've actually had a few of your students down at UI email me personally. Thanks for the compliments, but I owe my love of political and cultural discourse to classes like yours.

    Take care, Go Badgers.

    ReplyDelete