If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Exciting News

Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to be doing for my remaining 8 or 9 months in the Marines, and until now I have not been able to give them a straight answer. Finally, I know what's in the cards.

Tim and I met with some instructors with the Scout Sniper Pre Course today, and they extended to us an opportunity to come down to Camp Pendleton and instruct at the school house for the remainder of our contract. Obviously we jumped at the chance. When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we both said that if we weren't going to deploy again, our ideal job would be to get down and be full time instructors in Pendleton.

It should be a pretty great gig. A lot of work during the 3 week courses we'll put on for guys trying to earn a slot to the full time basic course, but in our down time we have the chance to get to all kinds of other schools, including Urban Sniper, Mountain Sniper, SERE, etc... gotta pad that pirate hunting resume...

2 comments:

  1. Jake, congrats on the wonderful news! Nothing is a satisfying as teaching, and the chance to pad that pirate hunting resume won't hurt!

    ReplyDelete