If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Ball Pictures

Myself and Indra

Recognize that guy? He managed to avoid adding another Purple Heart to his chest this time.

With Shawn and Tim, a true war mongering trio.

Tim and Shawn doing what Marines do... hitting on other people's dates.


Some snipers and a legit war hero- Ollie North


Me, Robles, Ray Ray and Clay, old Golf-3 buddies.

More Golf-3 guys. The man on the far right (with the ridiculous amount of medals) is Mike Washington Sr., the father of my good friend Mike who was with me in Iraq and who was killed this year with Golf-3 in Afghanistan. Mike Sr. has been a real source of strength in the 2/7 family, helping all the families of our fallen cope with their losses. He came to Laughlin to help his sons friends celebrate another Marine Birthday. He was obviously a distinguished Marine himself, and could not be more proud of his son's sacrifice. We miss you Mike.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful women and handsome men in uniform - looks like a good time was had by all. Ollie North is one of my heroes. It would be very cool to meet him. My daughter-in-law has his autographed bio, and I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys (and the lovely lady) look fantastic! Ain't nothin' like a man in uniform - though, I'm partial to Royal Marine dress blues thanks to my husband - hopefully y'all won't hold it against me! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very motivating...Indra that is. The rest of you guys are just taking up space. :)

    Happy belated birthday Marine!

    ReplyDelete