If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, November 24, 2008




Just a few pics from this past weekend.  The highlight was a 'Big Ten Pub Crawl', which took place in Hermosa, and had almost 200 people sign up for it.  It was great.  The top photo is a shot of the push up contest that took place on the pier.  I did...about...5 pushups before I decided that in order to win this thing I was going to have to put out a lot more effort than I was willing to in my Wild Turkey affected state.  Clay, on the other hand, was absolutely willing to, and he and some girl went for about 10 straight minutes, neither giving in (until she collapsed).  The third picture is a shot of some random Wisco-dude lighting a shot of Wild Turkey on fire for me...why this is ever considered a good idea, at 10 am no less, is beyond my sober self.  The bottom pic is a shot of some of the guys out celebrating Mike's passing of the Bar Exam.  Mike, Kristi and Katherine all found out the good news on Friday night.  I am now officially above the law.

2 comments:

  1. When I first read the post, I thought it said "Mike passing out at the bar." What a relief, passing the bar exam. Should that be taller than the law?

    Thanks for sharing Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust the pub crawl stopped at my old places of work (Lighthouse & hennesys) as well as my old stomping ground, the Poop Deck. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete