If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, November 03, 2008

I suppose that I should let everyone know that I am alive, that I survived the welcome home weekend. I managed to put in a half-way decent showing, much better than last year, when I bowed out pretty early on consecutive nights.

Halloween of course did not disappoint. My costume left something to be desired. It's kind of hard to throw something together last minute. I went as a Dream Team basketball player, using an old retro Jordan jersey, circa 1992. The biggest advantage it had was that it wasn't a sweatbox, unlike Mike's costume, a Chewbacca outfit.

On to Saturday. Let's see, normally I would analyze the Badgers' game, but I'm not even gonna go there. Pathetic. Enough said. Around noon I swapped my Wisco attire for my classic USC Law shirt, once again assuming the identity of a 3rd year law student worrying about the BAR (kidding). The crew headed up to the Coliseum and did some Homecoming tailgating. I then attended the game, and went on to witness an absolute dismantling. I left at half, the score was 42-0. I wonder what it would feel like to see the Badgers do that someday.

Sunday brought the promise of the Packers knocking off the last undefeated team in the league. It looked like it was going to happen there for a while, and as things were heading into overtime, Joe's neighbor knocked on the door and threatened to call the cops on us. Whoops, thin walls.

Now I'm just back in 29 Palms, wasting my days away waiting for the next weekend. It can't come soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. Happy you're home and having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful there. If anyone from HQ is reading this, they might get in in their heads to count libo as part of the pay package.

    ReplyDelete