If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Message From Jake

I just talked to Jake and he is well as well as the other Marines in his outfit. He suggested I give everyone the heads up NOT TO SEND ANY MORE PACKAGES. Anything on the way is fine.

This of course is good news since it is an indication that the end of the tour is near. The cynic in me also thinks it is an indictment of the mail service to the troops, but Jake's AO is so remote, ammo and food are more important.

Personally, I want to thank all of you who have sent Badgermom and me emails of support.

Don't be surprised if the Jarhead from Bettendorf is able do some of his own updates on this blog in the near future.

Badgerdad

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear he's safe and will hopefully be home soon. I can't wait to catch some Badger action and beers with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, just read your story in the Fall 2008 edition of On Wisconsin. Thought I'd drop you a note wishing you good luck out there. As a fellow Sconnie and having been to Madison this past weekend (I currently reside in Chicago) for the Sconnie/Ohio St game, I can speak for many when I say we appreciate what you're doing. Carry on brother! God speed and good luck to you and your team.

    Ben
    UW Alumni '01

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you Marines will be home soon, Jake. Thanks for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are headed home soon....hope that means all of 2/7 H+S will be headed home???I know another Marine over there. Havent heard from him and i am worried!Come here often to see how you are. Stay safe and thanks for all your hard work!
    bjshelhamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 10/09/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled to read this. I've been hoping for an update with good news. : )

    ReplyDelete