If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Only a week and a half left. March 20th is the day that a lot of us have been waiting for for a long time, and about 10 weeks ago I thought that it would never come. Fortunately for me my family is going to be coming out here for graduation and a little Easter weekend. Hopefully my battalion will be kind enough to give us that weekend off, but I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility that we'll be working straight through.

We're having a quasi-bachelor party next weekend for Clay in San Diego. Nothing like rolling St. Patty's Day, a pre-deployment send off and a bachelor party all into one giant Gas Lamp District extravaganza.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a HOG rooting time to me. Congrads and have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, you have been off the map for too long. Good to hear from you. I hope we can count on more frequent updates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I hope this means we hear from you more. Enjoy your celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well? Are you a DG (Done Graduated)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard a rumor that you graduated yesterday. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete