If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, March 23, 2008


Does somebody want to tell me why I'm fifth out of five contestants in the Wood family NCAA Tournament Pool? Yes, I'm getting beat by three girls (one of them my mother) and my dad (who hasn't watched a college basketball game since....I can't even come up with anything). But, no need for concern on my part. Why? Because I absolutely have the Wisconsin Badgers going all the way and bringing the title home, and that's where I'm gonna make my money. WHAT"S UP?

2 comments:

  1. Hey jarhead! I just found your site (a link from another)..I'm a "former Cpl USMC" and wanted to extend my admiration for those of you currently wearing the EGA. I wish fervently we could have done things 'all the way' when I was there 17 years ago so y'all wouldn't have to today. Congratulations on your recent graduation! If it occurs to you when the opportunity presents itself, squeeze one off for someone that wishes he was still serving with the finest. God Bless and Semper Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marine,

    As a former Marine, I completely understand your concerns about operational security and would do the same myself. However, after just finding this blog a few weeks ago, I'm disappointed to see it go away. If you can't report from the field, at least continue to let us relive our youth in your party stories. Looking back, it's being young and hanging with my brothers that I miss the most. Years from now, those will be the memories that will rest in your heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete