If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Urgent: Hunt's Life Ends


(no one has any idea what Clay is doing in this photo)

I'm a little late in announcing this, maybe because I'm in denial, but my buddy Clay has asked his girlfriend Robin Becker to marry him, and, somehow, she said yes. So a big congratulations goes out to the two of them. They have not come up with a date yet, it looks like its going to depend on our upcoming deployment schedule, but I think it's gonna be sometime this summer.

Let's hope that this new development does nothing to hinder my social life (kidding Clay) and that Robin signs his permission slip to come to at least one more Badger game with me. My final thoughts....bachelor party.

3 comments:

  1. Even in all this, life goes on.

    Amazing, aint it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clay's doing the Soulja Boy, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Em expounds...to one Marine known as Clay friend of Marine known as Jake....

    In each Marine's life a puzzle piece when found clicks into place next to his heart and soul. It's up to that Marine to decide if the puzzle piece is as much as an exact fit as to be possible. If it is, the Marine finds himself with the words of time--"Will you marry me?" upon his mind and passing across his lips and then from all His Brothers a groan sounds because they know Beer night is no more.
    CONGRATULATIONS MARINE ON FINDING YOUR PUZZLE PIECE !!!!!
    May God grant you both a long married life !!
    Miss Em

    ReplyDelete