If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Go Pack, GO!!



When I went to Lambeau Field nearly four months ago to watch the Packers play the Chargers, I think I would have placed the odds of the Green Bay making it to the NFC Championship Game at about 20 to 1. Well, yesterday I watched them beat the Seahawks and advance to that very game, and now I'm watching the Giants play the Cowboys, where hopefully they can win so the NFC Championship will be held in none other that Green Bay, WI.

Would it be possible to give Brett Favre and Aaron Kampman rifles and take them to Iraq or Afghanistan with me? Let's see if we can make that one happen.

13 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you for rooting the Giants. I am a big Giants fan being from New Jersey. But I am sad to inform you that they are going to beat the Packers. Sorry.

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, I was at the Packer-Charger game as well. What a great day it was!

    They are calling for a VERY cold day in Green Bay when the Packers beat the Giants.

    GO PACK, GO!!

    PACKERS ARE SUPER BOWL BOUND!!

    Dan S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packers vs. Giants, NFC Championship. Cold weather.

    Memories of Sam Huff vs. Jim Taylor. YA Tittle and Bart Starr are dancing in my head. what a great rivalry it once was.
    Go Pack Go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Packers are going to win the Super Bowl. I've said this since the beginnig. It's just going to happen. Brett Favre is a god.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake, are you also going to Afghanistan with 2/7 batallion in April?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I GOT TICKETS TO THE PACKER V.S SEAHAWK GAME. I TOOK SOME AWESOME PICS ON MY DIGITAL. IT WAS LIKE BEING IN A BIG SNOW-GLOBE COME 3RD QTR. COOLEST GAME EVER! GO PACK GO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And so it ends.

    Class act though. No blame gaming at the press podium, at least so far.

    Good game. Hard fight. Ridiculously cold weather.

    Negative numbers are more than just a measurement. That's a mindset. There's nothing funny about being that cold.

    At least I don't have to harsh you now as my Pats go on for the perfect season.

    I hope all is well with you and all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen so many men openly tear up for a football game at a bar in my life. I think watching the Packers lose the NFC championship game in such an intense fashion completely warranted the tears. The Giants kept trying to give it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Go Pack, GO!!"...and they went...DAMN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The NFL Channel is showing a replay of the Giants Pats game.

    Considering that the Pats were playing to keep the "perfect season" thing going, and the Giants were only playing for pride...

    I think this Super Bowl has the potential to be a real fight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all realize you're busy and probably beat to near extinction during this training...

    But a couple clicks on your hand mike would be appreciated.

    Starting to wonder if the OpsSecxers over ran your pos and are feasting on your bones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. relax....let him take a break from SOMETHING...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naa..he's a Marine grunt. He can catch up on sleep after he either leaves the Corps or gets caught on the wrong side of lucky.

    03XX Roolz!! The rest Droolz!

    ReplyDelete