If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Friday, December 28, 2007

This morning was just about as perfect a morning as I could ask for. Woke up at my buddy Dave's (The Wounded Warriors marathoner) house, walked down stairs, and realized that before I went to bed the night before I had set out bloody mary ingredients. That was awesome realization number one. Number two was when I looked outside and saw a perfect and pristine layer of six inches of snow covering everything outside, and it was still falling in abnormally large flakes. That's when number three hit me- Dave has a hot tub.

So, since I was the only one up at this point, I started making some eggs, mixing up some mean bloody's and brewing a couple cups of Irish coffee. After we ate a light breakfast, most of it the liquid variety, Dave and I convinced everyone to take a dip. Dave, Jeremy, Katie, Natalie and I got in the hot tub, snow falling on our heads, bloody's in hand, cigars puffing and music playing. Not a bad scene.

Then I convinced Dave to switch his flight from going home to DC to instead flying down to Tampa with me to go to the Outback Bowl. If anyone knows Dave, you'll understand that it didn't take a whole lot of convincing and, in fact, all it took was a dare for me to run out across the lawn, jump in a stream of running water and do some pushups (brilliant idea). So I naturally agreed. This whole pointless story ends with Dave trying to switch his ticket only to find that it was WAY too expensive to do that 2 days prior to departure. And, since Dave gets email alerts whenever I post on this site, and those emails are sent to his phone, I know that in ten seconds when I hit publish that he'll be reading this at the airport, ready to board a flight to DC.

So Dave, Thanks for backing out on our bet. Real mature.

1 comment: