If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, December 30, 2007



My dad and I are ready to board our flight to Tampa, FL to watch the Badgers play Tennessee in the Outback Bowl. If you're gonna be around, give us a holler, I'm sure you'll be able to find us in either Ybor City or Channelside.

I'll be walking in the parade on the night of the 31st and I'm getting introduced on the field with a number of other veterans around halftime, so keep your eyes out for the tallest Marine on the field.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time, Jake! I will be looking for you on the TV. Wish I could be there in person. GO BADGERS!!

    Jake - - Dee from Tenessee once told me this joke: What's the difference between a Northern girl and a Southern girl? Northern girl's say you can and Southern girl's say ya'all can.

    Have fun!
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, it was nice to meet you at the parade while waiting for it to start. Good luck with your future endeavours in the Marine Corps! I was wearing the white Caesar costume!
    JD
    Semper Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I haven't been reading your blog regularly...I'd have loved to have met you in Tampa (I'm minutes from Ybor) and shook your hand. Maybe next time! :o)

    ReplyDelete