If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Home

I have finally arrived home in Iowa. The prospects looked bleak for a while though. My initial flight on Friday into Moline was canceled just as I showed up at the airport in Vegas. Then I was told that they couldn't put me on another Airtran flight until Sunday, so I opted to fly to Milwaukee instead. Well, after almost canceling the Milwaukee flight, we took off and almost got diverted to Baltimore (don't ask me to explain how Baltimore made sense...)

It actually worked out pretty well because my buddy Jeff Lang was able to pick me up at the airport. I got to meet his lovely girlfriend for the first time, and the three of us plus my dad went out downtown and caught up. Good times.

I don't really have anything planned while I'm home, just a little Christmas action, with the requisite last minute gift shopping taking place tomorrow. I'm gonna have to schedule in a few snow runs because as soon as I get back to California on the 2nd I report to school, and that's going to be a major gut check.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Jake. What a year the Browns are having, even with the tough loss yesterday. I hope they spank the 49ers next weekend and make the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete