- Coming home to my family and seeing my mom Terry Tate Office Linebacker six people trying to get to me.
- Dropping four 500 lb bombs on AQI in one day. Boom.
- Going to the UW-Michigan game with Clay and Jeff on Veteran's Day, watching them win, and then celebrating the entire night at Wando's.
- Attending my first Packers game with the Schmitts, making my infamous 4th quarter rally, and watching them come from behind against the Chargers.
- Listening to Clay blabber on about how much he loved me and dollar beers after getting all hopped up on morphine following his getting shot.
- Getting a combat meritorious promotion to Corporal while in Iraq.
- Watching "Unforgivable" for the first time on youtube. (don't watch it if you don't have a very loose sense of humor, or a filthy mouth)
- Watching my R.O, LCpl Colbert run across a road with machine gun rounds impacting around his feet...with a smile on his face because he was about to call in air support for the first time, only to have someone take the radio handset from him and do it themself.
- Making the much anticipated return to the South Bay, complete with Sunday Fundays, dollar beers, jet fuel margaritas, Union, Rockham, and everything in between.
Monday, December 31, 2007
at 11:12 AM