If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day

Just woke up from the most ridiculous food coma of all time. The Schmitt family was nice enough to allow me to spend this Thanksgiving with them, and Mike and Padre Schmitt cooked up an insanely good turkey dinner. Let's just say that after a Packer win, a Showdown practice, 12 pina coladas, 6 pounds of turkey, 3 pounds of mashed potatoes, a couple bottles of wine and a slice of pie or two I didn't win the fight with fatigue.

Before I sign off here, I just want to take a moment to thank everyone in my life for all that you have done for me. I'm not going to get emo on anyone here, but you know who you are and I hope you know how much I appreciate all the support that you have given me over the last year. I've been through a lot in the past 12 months and it's all been easier because of you. Happy Thanksgiving, God bless.

1 comment: