If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, November 19, 2007

SNAFU

Situation Normal All F'd Up.
.

It would be easier to hear if this was an anomaly, but, unfortunately, this is how the Marine Corps rolls. Example B would be how we were supposed to go to the range tomorrow to shoot. What snagged us there? Apparently 7.62 ammo likes to get up and walk out of the uber-secure ammo lots.

The day didn't end on an entirely bad note though. Our platoon sergeant had to remove himself from a slot to go to a man-tracking course out in the Arizona wilderness. I was lucky enough to get moved into his slot. I don't know a whole lot about the course, but it's supposed to be one of the best tracking schools in the country and it's located on the Mexico border. Maybe I'm really just doing temp work for the Border Patrol.

1 comment: