If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Reasons

Reason #43,483 that I will not stay in the Marine Corps-

Being at 29 Palms we, as infantry Marines, were told that we would never wear anything other than our desert cammies. "You don't even need to have your woodland cammies, you're in the desert Devil Dog."

Having heard this, I naturally left all of my woodland cammies at home in Iowa. Why would I need them? I live and train in the desert, its a regimental policy to only wear deserts, and only pogues wear the woodlands. Heaven forbid I be mistaken for a pogue.

(<---- Only pogues like this clown wear woodlands)

Today I hear, "By tomorrow morning, every Marine in this regiment will be wearing their woodland cammies until further notice."

Actually I heard, "ARRRGHHHHHHHHH", because that meant that I now had to go out and spend $32.36 on woodland trousers, and $35.75 on a woodland blouse. Never mind the fact that I have 3 sets at home in Iowa, I don't need THOSE sets, I need the ones that aren't here. Fantastic. Thanks for the heads up last week when I could have had them sent out to me.

Reason #43,484- So I finally managed to schedule a dental appointment. Scheduling a dental appointment in the Marine Corps is like scoring Yankees World Series tickets, or season tickets to Lambeau Field. It just doesn't happen. Well I got one.

Then tonight we were told that we had to go to the rifle range tomorrow. At 2:30 am. I'm sorry, but do you classify that as tomorrow or tonight? To me that's right on the border, but I guess that's just semantics. So I say, "Can't go boss, got me a dental appointment." I hear, "Screw dental, everyone has to go, no exceptions."

OORAH.

3 comments:

  1. IIrc, pogue time counts 00:00 as the start of the new day. Grunt time counts reveille as the start of a new day.

    It is good to know that the finer traditions of pointless irritation are still honored in our Corps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! You're a REMF Pouge now!
    Semper Fi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it's much easier to score Yankee tickets than Red Sox tickets, and not only because the Yankees are the 2nd best American League East team (currently and for the foreseable future). Just in general. But I get the idea. They should just let you have the dentist appt and not risk alienating one of the best. But they probably can't have double standards either. Oh well that sucks all around...

    ReplyDelete