If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, October 15, 2007

No Bed of Roses


This past weekend I watched the Wisconsin game at Busby's in Brentwood, right by the UCLA campus. It's the official LA Badger Alumni bar in the Los Angeles. This was the second week in a row that I have gone there for the games. I won't comment on the fact that the past two weekends the Badgers have lost, I can only guarantee that no one at that bar was cheering louder than I.

On a much better note, while I was there I had the pleasure of running into a few other former Wisconsin players, one of which has written a book about his playing days early in Barry Alvarez's tenure as head coach. Chris Kennedy was a walk-on on the 1994 Rose Bowl team.

I picked up a copy of his book, "No Bed of Roses", and, while I have not read it cover to cover yet, thumbing through it it looks pretty good. I don't sell out too often and peddle wares on this blog, but I know that a lot of Badger fans read this thing, and if you want a real 'insider' look on what your favorite team is all about, this is probably as real as its going to get.

http://www.nobedofroses.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment