If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Da Fam

A lot has happened since the last time I was able to get on here and throw up a post. I had a rather large contingent of family come in this past weekend to visit, putting the Wood household at Standing Room Only, I flew back to 29 Palms (well, Vegas anyway), and I began dealing with stupid stuff all over again. All this while maintaining some semblance of sanity.

I guess I’ll begin with the minor Wood/Bauer family reunion. I’m almost afraid to list everyone that came, because I’ll surely forget someone… Let’s see- first came my sister Erin and brother in law Darrell, with their FIVE kids, Mariah, Jared, Emma, Claire and Garrett, all the way from Ohio. Then, my Aunty Cindy, Uncle Bill and cousin Marissa from Nebraska. Next up, Uncle John, Aunt Maria, and cousins Amanda and Micah from Tennessee/Alabama/Mississippi. Then it was Uncle Paul and Aunt Joanna from Indiana. Finally, cousins Angie and Andrea rolled up on scene from Denver. That’s in addition to my sisters Sarah and Meghan, and brotha from a different motha Ryan.

Needless to say, my mom was close to freak out mode leading up to it.

Highlights from the weekend?? An all day bags tournament on Saturday (which Darrell and I should have won), watching some football (we about had to hide the kids for a moment when it looked like the Badgers might not win), grilling pizzas, attempting and failing at getting my nieces and nephews to sit on my lap, and numerous trips to the keg.

To all that came, thank you so much. It means a lot to know that I have so much support and love from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment