If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

116 DVDs to Go

I just want to let everyone know that I finally broke down and bought a tv. Why do you care? Well you might not, but if you were one of the dozens of very kind people that sent me dvds in Iraq, then you'll be happy to know that, while I didn't make it through all of them in the Zaidon, I plan on going through the entire stack now. Even the entire Cary Grant collection that someone sent me. I'm not sure I even know who Cary Grant is, but I'm gonna get real familiar with him real soon.

*On a side note, I still don't have cable. I find it very odd that the government will pay for criminals to have cable and HBO in prison, but they cannot hook it up for the Marines who live in the barracks.

6 comments:

  1. You are going to love Cary Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cary Grant; what a guy! Don't know if you need help in the "girl department," (from your pics probably not) but if you emulate his "moves" you'll be a sure winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By chance are any of those movies, Doctor Shivago, A Brief Encounter, The Bridge Over the River Kwai, or a Lean night??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I'm currently watching the Legend of Bagger Vance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just be thankful you don't live in an open squad bay with at least one idiot that loves to listen to the same song on his tape player, over and over and over and over and over all day, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me... if you know Cary Grant movies, you may as well be Don Juan with the ladies...

    That's why I sent those DVDs to you. Not implying you need any help. Just sharing what I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete