If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The VEG!!!

Well the Vegas Weekend has almost arrived. This is the one that helped me make it through 7 months in Iraq. Seriously. Nothing like coming in off of a 4 hour patrol and being greeted by Muir, who's offering a high five and the comforting words "Vegas Baby".

It's going to be pretty crazy for me. I've committed to a bunch of different things, and I've got drink offers on the table from a lot of people that read on here. I appreciate all of it, but, let's just cut the crap and cheer on the Badgers.

I have a room with my dad and two guys from my platoon at the Golden Nugget (and we're apparently sharing that hotel with half of Badger Nation). I'm also going to be spending a lot of time at the Monte Carlo and THE Hotel. I think I'll be headed to Pure Nightclub on Friday night, a guy I used to play with is a promoter there. Saturday we're gonna try and get some sun at a pool somewhere, the only conditions being that it has swim up bars and blackjack... Pre-game I know I'm going to Saguaro Fest IV and another Badger Tailgate (Get Lucky With Bucky!). The Game, well that's obvious. After game it's off to the VooDoo Lounge at the Rio for a post game Badger blast organized by Jenny Anderson, believe me, she knows how to throw a party. You can by wristbands online now and get in and drink for free with them. Obviously I plan on making them rethink that marketing move. Sunday I plan on showing up at Rehab at the Hard Rock, and maybe trying to sneak away to watch the Packers show the NFL how it's done. I have all day Sunday to recover with the pops and then I FLY HOME on Monday!

Let's get it on.

5 comments:

  1. As a mother I say: have a good time, dear, but be wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay Safe Jake!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my advice: stay away from espn zone, as last november was proof that you and jeff have trouble handling your alcohol there...

    but have fun!! and try to keep jeff under control...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't stay safe...go NUTS! Enjoy every single minute and don't sleep until you hit the plane! You've given more than anyone to earn that right! Live it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm too late on this particular bit of R&R, but I'll share something I learned in the long ago daze.

    During such events, wisdom and desire for safety are highly over rated. What you need is luck.

    So, hope you were lucky.

    ReplyDelete