If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, September 17, 2007

This Is Why You Donated

Back on June 25th I wrote a post requesting your prayers for two Marines that I served with in Iraq. At the time I decided to withhold their names, I just didn't feel comfortable having not known them that long. Today I received an email with a link to a story about an engineer being reunited with his platoon, and the man who sent it to me thought it might be the Marine that I had referenced on June 25th. Well, it was.

Reading that article brought back a lot of bad memories from that night a few months ago, but my memories are nothing compared to the reality that Corporal Hennagir and Lance Corporal Norris live every day. Why did I put up a link at the top of this blog requesting donations for my friends marathon charity drive?? Because I know men such as these, who desperately need that money.

Please, take the time to follow this link and read about a man who went to Iraq believing it was the right thing to do and who is forever changed because of it. If you have not known anyone affected like this from the war before reading this, you will feel like you know someone afterwards.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/9811057.html


This is the video of Cpl. Hennagir at his platoon's return.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/multimedia/9758872.html

5 comments:

  1. Grown man tearing up at work.... I had to close my office door. Where do we get such men?

    Dan S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Semper Fi.

    It's a slogan to some, a way of life to others.

    And for a select few, something to betray and discard at first convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as i started reading your post, I knew it must be the same story linked on Blackfive. It's just amazing, and his strength is overwhelming to me.
    A true Marine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake,

    I cried like a bitch when I watched the vids.

    Semper Fi!

    ReplyDelete