If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, September 10, 2007

My good friend from high school, Dave Folwell, is running in the Marine Corps Marathon out in Washington DC. Deciding to race for a good cause, he chose to try and raise money for the Wounded Warriors Charity. It's an amazing cause and is obviously near and dear to my heart. Please visit his page and help him in his attempt to reach his target goal of $1,500. Thank you all.

http://www.active.com/donate/H4W-TWW/RunForTheTroops

David Folwell's Marine Corp Marathon Fundraising Page
Running to improve lives
Very recently I decided to run the Marine Corps Marathon on October 28,2007. I thought, “…if I am going to run 26.2 miles, I should do it for a good cause ?…. What better reason to run then to support the men and woman who serve this country?”

I chose to run for Hope For the Warriors, a fundraising organization for injured soldiers, because one of my best friends, Jake Wood, is in the Marines. In addition, one of his best friends, Clay Hunt, a person who I had the pleasure to enjoy some beers with in San Diego last December, was recently injured. Clay was shot in the hand. The bullet went in just above the wrist and blew out the palm of his hand.

‘Hope For the Warriors’ helps support soldiers who are adversely affected by injury or death in the line of duty. As a member of team Wounded Warrior, the donations that I collect are used to enhance the quality of life of affected US Service Members and their families.

Regardless of whether you support the war or not it is important that we support the people that are serving this country.

So what I am asking is that you donate a small amount to support US Service Members who have been affected by injury or death. Donations as small as $5, $10, or whatever amount you can give are all helpful. My goal is to reach $1,500 by October 20th.

Thank you,

David

4 comments:

  1. Instead of paying my credit card bill, I donated the amount...One late payment vs. a new palm for your friend; the choice seemed obvious to me. When I read your post about coming home, I realized you did on my birthday. I am glad you came home safe and, on this day, when I watched first-hand the destruction of my city and it's citizens, I really pray for peace and am so thankful for the selfless efforts of our troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake:

    I live in MD about 30 miles North of Washingotn DC. If you need a place to stay while you are here..let me know I have the space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jake! I don't have a credit card but would not mind sending him some money via paypal but it does not give me that choice. Any way you can contact him to contact me? lmelton@netwtc.net! He is half way there!!!

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake and David,
    I am overwhelmed! What a wonderful gesture in honor of Clay and others who are wounded. I thank both of you from the bottom of my heart. Obviously, words cannot describe how I feel at this moment.
    Love,
    Susan Selke

    ReplyDelete