If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Why I believe in karma

I think I've mentioned it before, but there's this thing over here called heat rash. I'm not sure if it has a technical name, but pretty much everyone in our platoon was getting it while we were down in the Zaidon. The doc's say that it's caused be a build up of salt crystals in the skin, either way, I really don't care what it comes from, but it's a rash that's red and bumpy and itches like crazy. Well, the whole time we were in the Zaidon I didn't have it, but Muir did, and he had it bad. Real bad. I would hound him nonstop about it, telling him he had to get rid of it before we got back and would be going to the beach and to Vegas. I called him the 'nasty recruit'. I made sure his life was miserable. I would prank on him while he was sleeping and move the fan off of him. Well, like I said, I went the whole time in the Zaidon without it, and as soon as we are done operating and can shower everyday and get some semblance of AC, what happens?? I get it. And I can't get rid of it. Karma.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhheeeeeee. Heat rash sucks it. After I had my stem cell transplant, I got it so bad. Now I can't be in the sun for more than about 10 minutes. Hope you rid of it soon! I used Arbonne, but that would be kind of ghay for you.

    I told mom about you today. She said, "Well you tell that Jake that both your mom and dad were Badgers too." Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO.....I hope you can shake the "funk" soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll know you'll be busy, but when you get to Madtown stop by our tailgate for a cold one. We still park off Randall and Regent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake this is better known as "crotch rot". Use some Gold Bond powder on it and it shoild go away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about karma, but it sounds like justice or maybe a lesson from God :)

    ReplyDelete