If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pictures From the Z

Having a look on a rooftop.
Piram and Doc Campanali, ready for a patrol.

On the roof.


Taking over carrying the radio for one of our heat casualties.



Having a little chat on the radio.



Ready to go resupply Alpha squad at night.



Me and Colbert, with our "damn we made it" faces after the 400 meter machine gun dash.

13 comments:

  1. Oh!!! I love pictures! It's so great to see you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smile is great Jake!!!

    Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake, great pictures. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, it is great to see you are okay and you still have that great smile!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe a dumb question, but why does it look like ya'll are wearing flightsuits (or CVC Nomex suits)?

    Supply get you guys confused with a helo unit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! Keep writing and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you return home safe. Take care, brave
    Greetings from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  8. 400 meter machine gun dash... Maybe they should do that at the Olympics and set some new speed records.

    As always, glad to see you safe. Your girl emailed me about running with TNT in my honor. Y'all are just f*cking awesome...

    Thanks for your service. Post an amazon wish list for those of us who are no good at getting gifts!!

    Hugs from Deb & Zoe
    teamzoe.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for my being able to celebrate The 4th Of July.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I try again, from my Blogger...

    Thank you for what you do, to allow me to celebrate The 4th Of July.

    Grannneee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jake, you guys are awesome and doing a great job. Stay safe. My son is in 1st. Platoon....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 4th of July!! Thank you for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just discovered your blog through another blog. I am blown away. I guess war just doesn't sit at the front of my mind. Thanks for making it real to others. My prayers are with you now. Your families must be very proud!

    Seriously consider the Amazon Wish List and get the books you want to read.

    ReplyDelete