If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Anthrax Vaccine

The Marine Corps has decided to give me an anthrax vaccine. No thanks. Apparently we can refuse it but we have to talk to the entire chain of command, translation: you can't refuse it.

This is the first installment in a series of something in the ballpark of 6 shots. I don't even know why we need it. Only Senators and Congressmen have to worry about anthrax, I haven't gotten any letter mail with powder in it so far. What they need to give me is a camel spider vaccine. They could vaccinate the hell out of me for that.

5 comments:

  1. I like your writing, keep up the good work!...God bless and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one seems to be able to decline those anthrax shots, but to ease some of the hardship, maybe (or someone from your unit) could log on to anysoldier.com It is a really good program and needs maximum support. God Bless and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jake you seem to be getting a bit famous. I don't think that was your intention but people are interested in what you write and I think thats great. Your stuff is definitely better than what they show on CNN or Fox news. It gives us all an insight as to how a Marine or soldier experiences this war and less of the political bullshit. Thanks for serving and take care.
    Semper Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake,
    DO NOT take the Anthrax series unless its under the threat of a Court Martial.

    I'm serious as a heart-attack. Those shots will f*ck you up! They did me, and in hindsight, I wish I'd have not taken them.

    Believe me, your future children will love you for it.

    If you have any questions, email me.

    S/F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake,

    In case you didn't hear me:

    DO NOT TAKE THOSE SHOTS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete