If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

This post is kind of hard to formulate. In recent days this blog has kinda gotten around on various websites, becoming quite the blog tramp. I just want to say that I never really expected this thing to get as big as it has, and I'm really not sure where to move on from here.

I am not trying to make a political statement with this blog. I am not trying to influence anything. I am not trying to distribute propaganda for anyone's ideology.

I am not a political pawn for the Evil Empire of Bush and Cheney. Nor am I crusading against the likes of Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy.

Please do not take this and twist into anything that it is not. I appreciate all the support, prayers and kind emails. Please continue to keep Golf Company in your thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. It's a great blog, Jake and we are keeping all of you in prayers.

    God Bless y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's big because it is real. No P.R., no politics, no slant and no bull. Keep doing what you're doing and ignore the attention.

    You're in my prayers.


    p.s. - We might have to share Aniston...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake, thinking of you today on Memorial Day. Just wanted to thank you and the guys for protecting us.. I'm not sure yet just what from, but I try to keep an open mind. I think I might stop reading the papers as I feel you know more about it than anyone else.I will keep all of you in my prayers. A Mom from Wisconsin P.S. If you need anything just let me know and you'll get it, sorry I can't just bring you all home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no one with a gun in a uniform can be considered "non-ideological." especially not one in a foreign country that did not invite him.

    its big because the conservative media establishment needs wholesome idols for america's fragile self esteem.

    i am sure you are a nice guy and i wish you well. but good intentions are not enough in this world. gotta be smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another thought. i think it is a damn shame politics has such a bad name in this country. the more people avoid politics, the more we end up with even worse options, and less democracy.

    war is politics that has failed. i believe this. war is when someone, or some people, say, to hell with it: i am tired of trying to deal with this other person as a person. time to deal with him as a piece of meat without a face. war is when people get lazy. (and for people who want to bring up the hitler example, my answer is simple: if germans had not been so eager, as americans now are, to give up politics and live in a dreamland given to them by their commander in chief, his disasterous policy of 'liberating" europe would never have happened. talking means being brave and confronting abuses. real talk is not appeasement).

    for our leaders, in 2002 and 2003, this concept was turned around. for them, it was "politics is war that has failed." remember how agitated the administration got when france was brokering a deal with hussein to allow more inspectors in after 30 days (i forget the exact details). all we saw in the paper in those couple of days was how this was ridiculous, how can one trust those people, etc etc. it was clear they were desperately afraid of politics succeeding. for if a deal had worked, they would have been out of their war.

    what was worse, the american people bought into that notion that war was better than politics. killing is better than talking. but in my opinion, only cowards pick up the gun when there are still other options.

    real politics is not "bull" or "pr". bull and pr takes over when the people take a vacation from democracy and let the fat cats run things. real politics is a good and great thing. the more we run from honest, tough discussion, the more we will get wars of choice.

    i support the troops. but troops are not above the nation. nor is the nation above democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well put. Again, thank you and your fellow Marines!

    Wishing you all the best ! Hoping you have a safe and speedy return to your home!

    ReplyDelete