If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

Just wanted to wish all my family and friends a Happy Easter. It's been a pretty weird Easter for me, considering it just kind of sneaks up on you when you are in a Muslim country. For the first time in my life there has been no Ash Wednesday, no Lent, no Good Friday. I know my family is together right now, wish I could be with you guys.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Jake,
    We have not met, but our family is good friends with your Uncle Jon and Aunt Maria. I just wanted you to know that while you could not be in church with us today, you were in our prayers, both aloud with the congregation and quietly in our hearts. Thank you for your service and May God Bless You.
    Dan and Kathy K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can say whatever whenever you want.You need to vent, and so much of what goes on is just wrong. I can't even imagine...
    May you feel God's presence in the midst of that place. We are praying for you.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete