If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Congratulations

Congratulations are in order...

First my cousin Tony married his long time sweetheart Lea today in Atlanta, GA (well it hasn't happened yet, but according to my watch it has.)

Secondly to my former teammates, Joe Thomas, John Stocco, Mark Zalewski and Rod Rogers who will realize their dream of playing in the NFL today with the commencement of the draft. You all worked hard for it, and all four of you deserve it. Good luck.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jake,

    First, I just want to say "thank you" for your service to our country.

    I am a WI native and Badger fan now live in WA state.

    In case you have not seen the updates on Rogers, Zalewski and Stocco....

    Rogers (Broncos) and Zalewski (NY Jets), although not drafted, have signed with NFL teams:

    http://badgerherald.com/sports/2007/05/01/undrafted_rogers_zal.php

    Stocco is still waiting:

    http://www.jsonline.com/blog/index.aspx?id=318&month=04&year=2007&entry=37021

    I am trying to convince my wife to let me attend the Badger game in Las Vegas. If I make it down, it would be my honor to purchas you a beer or twenty!

    The Badgers in Vegas! Yea Baby!!

    Take care of yourself and be safe....

    Dan S. (Menomonee Falls, WI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. update: Stocco get's tryout with Packers:

    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=600076

    Dan S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of The Draft, did you get a look at Brady Quinn's suit? Does Shannon Sharpe know his closet's been raided?

    P.S.: Thank you for your service and your sacrifice -- it humbles me.

    ReplyDelete