If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Wow. Internet two days in a row? No wonder we haven't won the war yet. Joking of course. I'm joking because I was trying to win the war last night in a freezing torrential downpour. I really did not expect to run into those over here....

Oh well. I did check one thing off of my to do list last night though. I managed to have hot chai with a Sheikh. We ended up patrolling to a house that looked big enough for our squad to get inside and escape the weather. We found out that a Sheikh lived there and he was not too happy to see us, but we didn't care and stayed anyway. It was cold afterall, and we were wet.

We also went sat down with one of the local teachers. He confirmed for us that there are many forces at play right now in our AO. We have a buffet of bad people. Al Qaeda is definitely back here, we also have Syrian and Iranian militants, along with Jordanian amateurs. On top of this, a vigilante group has formed to fight them. These guys are just as bad as anyone, but for the time being it appears they are on our side. I say this because they went to one of our trouble spots last week, nabbed 5 bad guys and cut off their heads. I'm not sure whether to fear them or send them a gift basket. I'm probably just gonna try and avoid them for the moment.

Well, love you all. God bless Bo Ryan and the Wisconsin Badgers.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are ok. Stay safe! Lots of love and prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many prayers and well wishes for your safety being said for you from your distant relatives in WI.
    Our family looks forward to your safe return and once in WI...We'll buy you all the brews you can handle at Angelic Brewery!!!
    Take Good Care, The Weber Family

    ReplyDelete