If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

WHAT!?!

I don't even know what happened. I really don't want to hear about it. All I know is that I am in South Camp, supposedly to get some "R and R" and I'm watching ESPN in the chow hall and I see that Ohio State made it to the Sweet 16. Wow, big flippin deal. A couple more teams are talked about, and then they flash a graphic that shows how many teams from each conference are in the Sweet 16.

Big Ten...1 Team.

Well, that's not possible I thought. If Ohio State made it, that makes two teams from the Big Ten. Them and Wisconsin.

Or so I thought. Apparently losing to UNLV eliminates you???

Good. Gooooood Bo Ryan. This is exactly what I need. As if I don't have enough stress. You're gonna throw this on my plate.

I'm sorry Bo. I didn't mean it. But seriously Badger Nation. I now officially have nothing until August when fall camp starts. The NFL draft doesn't even count, because its a foregone conclusion that John "golden arm" Stocco is going to be the 1st overall pick (and probably rookie of the year), Joe Thomas is going to be the second pick, and Roderick Rogers and Zew are going to miraculously be simultaneously picked by the same team.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Jake, I wasn't going to be the one that broke the news to you!

    I picked them to go all the way in my bracket...blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry there are many people mourning with ya...it was a heartbreaking loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing 'til August?

    Not true. Spring practice is in session.

    Looks like Allan Evridge, the transfer from KSate, might be the real deal at QB.

    The new safties look good.

    Tougher schedule in '08, but might be an even better team.

    ReplyDelete