If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Friday, March 16, 2007

VICTOR!

This one goes out to my old roommate and best friend Vic Meckstroth. Happy Birthday big guy. A birthday and St. Patty's all rolled into one. Dang.

Here's my story for you. We call our humvees Vic's. And each platoon names their own and paints their design on them. Well, since your name is Vic, and your last name, Meckstroth, means "roadmaker", my vic's call sign is Vic Roadmaker. I even had a stencil made to paint Roadmaker 206 on it, but then the higher ups put an end to marking vic's because they thought it was causing units to be sought out specifically and targeted.

Nevertheless, Vic Roadmaker does its share of damage. 206 for life.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Victor!! Can you believe you have a humvee in Iraq named for you? Not many people can say that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patty's Day!! Happy Birthday Victor AND Miss Annie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello. for all i know you don't know me, but i found your blog out of the blue. I've been readin it a bit, and I saw that youre in the same platoon as my brother. you probably just call him doc. I just want say i'm praying for all of you guys out there. here's my email: whokidd124567@netscape.net
    stay safe.
    -Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you Jake and all the Marines at FOB Viking. Found your blog looking for any information on FOB Viking. My son Dean is in 2nd plt there with you. If you get a chance say hi for me and tell him I am proud of him and all the Marines who answered the call to duty. I am a Desert Storm vet from the 1st Infantry Division, know that you are loved and respected here at home. Semper Fi

    ReplyDelete