If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Random Meanderings

First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Well, everyone makes a New Year's Resolution, so I guess that I shouldn't be any different. I suppose that I will resolve to do my best to make a positive difference while I am in Iraq for the first 8 months of this year, and to return home safely with my honor intact. I also resolve to party like a rockstar upon my return. Yeah, that one is actually the one I'm looking forward to.

The Wisconsin Badgers begin their shallacking of Arkansas in approximately 23 minutes, but who's keeping track? I'm gonna go ahead and pre-empt this one and congratulate the boys on a job well done.

If you haven't seen the leaked footage of Saddam Hussein being hung its out there. I'm not suggesting you watch it, but I will say that it is very strange to see a man that you grew up hearing about as a villain led to his own gallows. Say what you will about what it means for me as a person to say this, but it felt good to watch him hang, the world is better off without him.

I have had an incredible time the past two weeks, coming home, spending time with both family and friends. I'm about to head home here in a couple of days, but I want you all to know how much I appreciate you.

One final thought. Jeff Lang is currently on the interstate with my house as his destination. Go ahead and connect the dots on that one, its gonna get ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment