If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Last Night

Well, I pretty much just spent my last night in the States. Have any of you ever seen the movie Jarhead?? That's kind of how my last night went down. A bunch of guys from my platoon went down behind our barracks and grilled out some ridiculous pieces of meat, drank some (lots) beer and then we got rowdy and watched war movies like Blackhawk Down.

This is what I leave you with. I don't know if Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction. I would assume they did, but I really don't care. I am not sure that Saddam Hussein had a direct link with Al Qaida. I really don't care because they are over there now. I know this-Saddam Hussein was a very evil man, and I have been given the oppurtunity to rectify some of the things he has done both to his own people and to the world. I truly feel like I am making the world a safer place by going over there. That is all the rationale I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment