If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Goodbyes

Well I just got back from my last weekend in the LA area before I go to Iraq. If you know me you know that I hate long goodbyes, so trying to party carefree this past weekend was difficult with the whole "Sunday is the last day" thing. Regardless it was an amazing weekend. Saturday was an all day affair that included going to Patrick Malloy's for their breakfast/booze specials during the Badger game (a big win by the way), an afternoon dip in the frigid Pacific, dinner at Poncho's with Jeff and our favorite South Bay ladies, and then a J Band concert at Harry O's. Awesome time. Sunday was the classic go to Dragon, get a table and order as many dollar beers as our waitress can carry as many times as she can carry them. We sat there and watched the football games all day long, which was great because the Colts game turned out to be one of the best playoff games I have seen in a long time.

It was tough heading back to Twentynine Palms, saying the goodbyes, knowing that I have to miss an ENTIRE summer at the beach. But, hey, at least I'm back for next football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment