If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Final Countdown

Well, the final countdown has begun. I'm sitting in my room about 36 hours from stepping on the plane that will take me to Iraq. A little bit of nervousness is starting to set in, at least I think. It has been hard to differentiate between nervousness and excitement. I guess I'm not sure if there is much of a difference anyway. So far fear really has not come into play. But I suppose you can't be nervous unless you fear some unknown. Not that any of it matters, I'm getting on the plane regardless.

What does matter is that I do not have a phone charger for my dead phone, I'm leaving in a day, and I have a bizillion people to call. I'm really gonna have to figure something out. That would not go over well with the fam and friends if I didn't get that last phone call in.

3 comments:

  1. Jake, you will be in our hearts and in our prayers until you come back home safe and sound.Remember you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got our email Friday...you'll be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete