If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Karhma, Iraq

We have officially found out that we will be heading to Karhma, Iraq between the dates of January 26th and January 30th. My whole battalion will be supporting the Fallujah area, with my particular company charged with maintaining the province between Karhma and Fallujah, a mostly rural area. Apparently, as we are coming in, the Iraqi Army that is there now will be moving out to relocate to Baghdad. We aren't sure if the insurgents will leave with them since they make easier targets, or if they'll stick around and try their crack at some Marines. It kind of depends on how dumb they are.

Even better though is the fact that I'm leaving on a jet plane for Iowa in about 36 hours, and get to spend the next two weeks at home. I cannot wait to see my family for such an extended period of time. If anyone wants to come and visit, just let me know, there's always room at the Wood house!

No comments:

Post a Comment