If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I know it's a little late, but I wanted to get on here and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I was unable to get home for Thanksgiving this year, but I was there with them in spirit, and my family knows I love them. I tried to contact most of you in one way or another on Thursday, whether by phone call, email or text message. I just wanted you all to know that I love you and thank God that you are in my life.

I know that I have so much to be thankful for. I have an amazingly loving and supporting family that is behind me in everything I have ever done or attempted. I have made friends at every juncture of my life that will never be out of my thoughts. I have a job, I have my health (except for a nasty sprained ankle I suffered this year playing football on Thanksgiving Day), I have my faith, I have a country that allows me to have all these things. I have a passion for life and a reason to wake up every single time the sun rises. So I hope you never hear me complain about anything. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment