If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The weekend


First things first.

Yes, I saw the Wisconsin game. No, I don't want to talk about it. If you would like to provoke me, I will happily send you to the grave early. I'm not kidding. At all.

(We're going to the Rose Bowl)

Next, the UFC fight was awesome. Most of the fights on the undercard were pretty good, but the main event, Matt Hughes' title defense against BJ Penn was amazing. The crowd was going absolutely nuts. I'd say most of the crowd was behind Penn, who is the only fighter to ever beat Hughes, but the entire arena was going ballistic regardless. It was pretty sweet to see every fighter come in to either some rap or heavy metal song, and then you have Hughes, who calmly walks in, looking like he just rolled out of bed, to the sound of a slow, twangy country song. After all, he is a good ol' midwest boy fighting out of my hometown in Iowa. He go in the ring and all he did was pace back and forth, shooting his now famous glare over at Penn's corner, no antics, no hype. And then he just destroyed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment