If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You boys like MEX-I-CO!!!!




The weekend came, my mom flew down, I made the beautiful drive to San Diego (insert lame anchorman joke here) and the beer flowed , and so did the margaritas, and so did the straight tequila, and so did, well you get the point.

My mom and I had a great time. We took in the finer things in San Diego, including some fine dining, an awesome night life, and who could forget, the short drive to paradise, err, Mexico. That's right, Christy Wood continued to surprise the world when she stated that she was down for a gander to the other side of the border. So we took the top off the Jeep and made like, well we made like Mexicans and went to Rosarita, a short 30 minute drive inside Mexico. I singlehandedly put away a bottle of Jose, courtesy of my mother, who wanted a photo of some random man pouring it down my throat, but somehow managed to not be able to work the camera on three consecutive pours. On the other hand, my mother managed to singlehandedly revive the Mexican economy by purchasing every piece of silver and polished abilone jewelry in sight. Seriously, people know her by name now.

No comments:

Post a Comment