If you are looking for Team Rubicon, click here
This blog exists only as an archive. It is a journal that serves as a window into my life as a Marine combat veteran serving in Iraq and Afghanistan; it was written with no filter, no politics and no agenda. Please feel free to follow my journey from beginning to end. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday night

Ahhh, another tomorrow and another 2 am wake up call. Good ol' Golf Company is headed back out to the field bright and early tomorrow morning for some continued predeployment training. The next three to four days will have a focus on convoy ops and IED lane training. Hopefully it just blows right by, because at the end of it we have a much needed four day weekend for Labor Day, and we've been putting in our labor.

Because we came out of the field so late this past Friday I didn't really have much of an oppurtunity to do anything this weekend. It was too late to make it out to LA for Katie Bo's birthday Friday and it's really not worth it just to drive down for one night on Saturday. Basically what I am saying is I wasted a lot of my life this weekend rotting in Twentynine Palms. You win some and you lose some I guess.

Which brings me to the fact that the Badgers better win some next weekend! Joe Thomas for the Heisman! (Don't let him lie to you, I taught him everything he knows.) I'm looking at going back to Madison for the Sept. 16th home game, send me a shout out if you are going to be there, and we'll have to meet up.

Well, its 6:30 and my bed beckons me. Life is lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment